My passions run deep...from politics to sex, cooking to health care I have opinions. I talk about living with a mental illness & a physically debilitating disorder. Free speech is critical it is our DUTY to uphold its principles. Regardless of the Republicans' views on the subject. I love art. So, I am always on the lookout for fun, frivolous and visually challenging art to view. Anyone can look at a bowl of fruit. It takes an appreciative eye to see beauty in the whimsical.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

What a Job Offer????


You know that the job offer isn't one that you really want when, after looking at all the numbers (cost of insurance premiums, new tax bracket, etc.) you realize that you will actually be bringing home LESS money.

So, what do you do?

You negotiate for more time to make the decision.

And watch the interesting emails that come in immediately afterwards.

Two fascinating job opportunities arrived for my husband right after we decided that this job offer he received on Friday probably wasn't the right one for him. But, what do you do when you know that the end of the contract is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER???

Fall back 10 yards and punt.

Learn to close your eyes and dance on that beam suspended over that waterfall.

Go to bed and have great sex!

All of the above.

Meanwhile I am working to start my own business. I am teaching myself jewelry making. What a trip.

However, as I used to be a massage therapist (for 10 years) and I loved working with my hands...it is something that I am truly enjoying. When I have some decent examples of my work I will have to put it up so everyone can enjoy the fruits of my labor.

The stress of the full-time job I have as job-hunt secretary is getting on my nerves. I don't work full-time because of my disability. And, that is what I am doing right now - working full-time. As a job hunt researcher, resume writer, correspondent, etc. I am not getting paid nearly enough for the work that I am doing.

Well, I just wanted to touch base and actually write on my blog. And, to upload a picture of mine.....my interpretation of what it is like to have dissociative tendencies - a visual representation of internal emotions.


No comments: